At IPAR, we support people to return to health, wellbeing and work after an injury or illness.
We are asked by workplace insurers to team up with you, your health treaters and your employer to create a plan that focuses on your needs to recover and to return to work quicker. Our job is to listen to you, guide you through the process and provide you with honest and clear communication.
When we work with you our service includes:
- Providing early support to help you stay at or return to work following a non-work related injury or illness
- Providing rehabilitation services to assist you make a return to work after a workplace injury or illness
- Meeting face to face with you to discuss your needs and current situation
- Providing support to help you achieve your rehabilitation and return to work goals
- Ensuring good communication between you and your employer, treaters and Case Manager
- Meeting with your treating GP to discuss your condition, recovery and return to work plan
- Developing a plan based on assessments and the recommendations of your treaters
- Helping your employer identify suitable job tasks that suit your recovery plan
- Directing you to the most appropriate person to answer queries about your rehabilitation progress and return to work
Our services do not include:
- Providing specific advice regarding your entitlements and workers compensation payments
- Changing your plans without consulting your treaters and insurers
- Asking you to do something outside of your agreed plan